Faith Formation for Adults
Faith formation is a lifelong journey for each Christian. Opportunities for building our faith and becoming more intentional disciples of Jesus Christ arise at many different points along our journey, some shared, and some on our own. At St. Peter's, we offer opportunities for adult faith formation throughout the year, through weekly service, in small groups, and by using some of the resources below.
Join us for our fall adult formation series, Exploring the Psalms! In a smaller group home setting, we will be exploring the language and lyrics of the different Psalms, using music by U2 and others, and the modern-day translation The Message in addition to our treasured Book of Common Prayer version. We will focus on how the different Psalms empower us to a more multi-dimensional relationship with God. This three-session series will take place:
- October 8 / 7:00 pm
- October 22 / 7:00 pm
- November 18 / 3:00 pm
On Your Own
There are many resources available digitally to encourage your personal faith journey. Here are a few:
- inward/outward, a site for reflection on the daily lectionary
- d365, a website and phone app that brings a brief daily devotional to you each day!
- Brother, Give Us a Word from SSJE, offering a brief daily reflection
- Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session designed in MP3 format
- Redeem the Commute is a website and app for busy, commuting people
We offer several opportunities to explore your faith with others:
- Seasonal Bible Study in Advent & Lent, plus monthly LIFE 2.0 events
- Daughters of the King, an order for women focused on prayer, service and evangelism
- Brotherhood of St. Andrew--a men's Bible study group
- Service opportunities such as the Community Suppers and Thrift Store
- Worship ministry opportunities such as lectoring, Altar Guild, and ushering.