Faith Formation for Adults
Faith formation is a lifelong journey for each Christian. Opportunities for building our faith and becoming more intentional disciples of Jesus Christ arise at many different points along our journey, some shared, and some on our own. At St. Peter's, we offer opportunities for adult faith formation throughout the year, through weekly service, in small groups, and by using some of the resources below.
While many of us observed the 40 days of Lent, we are now in the midst of 50 days of Easter! Mark this season of rejoicing by visiting 50 Days of Fabulous, sponsored by Forward Movement.
On Your Own
There are many resources available digitally to encourage your personal faith journey. Here are a few:
- inward/outward, a site for reflection on the daily lectionary
- d365, a website and phone app that brings a brief daily devotional to you each day!
- Brother, Give Us a Word from SSJE, offering a brief daily reflection
- Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session designed in MP3 format
- Redeem the Commute is a website and app for busy, commuting people
We offer several opportunities to explore your faith with others:
- Seasonal Bible Study in Advent & Lent, plus monthly LIFE 2.0 events
- Daughters of the King, an order for women focused on prayer, service and evangelism
- Brotherhood of St. Andrew--a men's Bible study group
- Service opportunities such as the Community Suppers and Thrift Store
- Worship ministry opportunities such as lectoring, Altar Guild, and ushering.